You have probably come across this product or skincare products containing this ingredient and you were wondering what it is and what the hype is all about. Well, we hope this article will help you understand it better.
Believe it or not, thermal water itself does have some skin-nourishing qualities, even though it may not be the magic cure-all it’s sometimes said to be.
Here’s what thermal water is, what it does and doesn’t do for your skin, and where you can find thermal water in over-the-counter skin care products.
Thermal water is water taken from natural springs. It contains minerals that have been shown to enrich the skin. Thermal water can be used safely and effectively by people of all ages and skin types.
Mineralizing Thermal water is available in spray form or infused in moisturizers.
Uses of Mineralizing Thermal Water:
1. Thermal water sprays are soothing and refreshing.
2. Some thermal water sprays can act as hydrating toners.
3. Thermal water sprays are hydrating- thermal water sprays can certainly help prime your skin with a little hydration before you moisturize.
4. Thermal water sprays act as a makeup setting spray.
5. Thermal water can protect the skin from free radicals.
6. Balance the microbiome- the thermal water helps balance the microbiome (or levels of healthy and unhealthy bacteria that naturally live in your skin) and reduces inflammation in people with skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
7. Reduce inflammation. Thermal waters have been shown to calm irritation from harsh skin treatments like retinoids and reduce skin inflammation in eczema.
Choose from a great variety of mineralizing thermal water products here.