The importance of exercise:
- Builds muscles and aids in weight gain
- It relieves stress and anxiety
- Aids with weight loss
- Manage addiction
- Improve your sex life
Muscle recovery is very important after workouts. Muscle pain is generalized throughout the body and eases in 2-3 days compared to bone pain which is excruciating and lasts longer. Muscle pain is mostly due to fatigue and strain. Some remedies include:
- Analgesic with a muscle relaxant
- Body massage
The following are supplements that you can take
Supplements play an important role in muscle recovery
- VO2 – when used before and during training, it helps increase the oxygen concentration in the muscle and reduce the lactic acid build-up thus boosting muscle performance and delaying muscle fatigue.
- Cramp block – It provides vital minerals and electrolytes for optimal physical performance during intense physical activity. It also reduces muscle cramps and fatigue.
- Protein intake gives raw, materials to restore the muscles, build strength and reduce muscle damage.
4. Magnesium supports healthy muscle function by blocking the calcium uptake helping the muscle relax better after contracting during the workout. Low magnesium levels cause muscle cramps and soreness.
5. Vitamin D prevents muscle aches, weakness, and bone pain. The amounts consumed should be adequate, not extra to trigger more calcium absorption.
6. BCCA – These are branched-chain amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine which are required to build muscle, decrease muscle fatigue and alleviate muscle soreness.
7. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that assists the cell in the healing process. It reduces inflammation and soreness. Vitamin C combines with amino acids forms collagen which contributes to tissue healing.
8. Vitamin B contributes to metabolizing amino acids and protein. It is an important vitamin in repairing muscle tears.